Calvary comes on board
Thursday 16th February 2006
At the time of printing, Calvary Riverina Private Hospital at Wagga Wagga offered nurses an agreement providing wage parity with public hospital nurses (after six-months’ delay), following a year of negotiations.
The Calvary offer includes:
- An enterprise agreement will be in force until 30 December 2008;
- Wage and salary-related allowance increases, matching the public hospital nurses’ increases, but with a delay of 6 months
a. 3% increase from the first pay period from 1 July 2005 (already paid);
b. 3% increase from the first pay period after 1 January 2006 (already paid);
c. 4% increase from the first pay period after 1 January 2007; and
d. 4% increase from the first pay period after 1 January 2008.
- Increase in paid maternity and adoption leave from six weeks to nine weeks;
- Introduction of a new Continuing Education Allowance;
- Incorporation of the existing On-call Allowance provisions as per the Public Nurses’ Award provisions;
- New Reasonable Workload provisions for nurses; and
- An intention not to vary the wages or conditions during the life of the Agreement, ensuring protection against the Federal Government’s new IR legislation.
Members at Calvary Hospital will be voting on whether to endorse the offer at a branch meeting on 1 February 2006.