Criteria for sponsoring not-for-profit organisations
Wednesday 6th February 2013
Delegates at the 2008 NSWNMA Annual Conference voted to allocate an annual amount from the NursePower Fund for the support and sponsorship of not-for-profit organisations, such as sporting clubs, youth and cultural organisations, in order to build on the strong community links established during past campaigns, such as the Your Rights at Work campaign.
Such funds shall be allocated according to strict guidelines established by the Association’s Council:
- Applications must be in writing from a not-for-profit, community-based organisation focused on youth, sporting or cultural development, health promotion or any other worthy social objective deemed appropriate, from time to time, by the NSWNMA Council.
- Applications must have the written support of a NSWNMA member who is prepared to attest to the organisation’s good standing and its positive attitude towards the principles of trade unions.
- The applicant must agree to the messaging required by the NSWNMA on sponsored items for at least the period of the sponsorship.
- The application must demonstrate relevance to current or future members of the NSWNMA, by providing such things as membership or participant numbers and ages and the expected public exposure opportunities, including estimated numbers, arising from the sponsorship.
- The application must demonstrate a commitment to the promotion of a healthy lifestyle and wellbeing.
- The application must provide value for sponsorship dollar in comparison to traditional advertising opportunities.