NSWNA Branch News
NSWNA members – active above and beyond the call …
- NSWNA members supported 1850 workers facing redundancy at Pacific Brands.
- Nursing students attended an NSWNA BBQ at the University of Tasmania’s Rozelle campus and caught up on past issues of The Lamp.
- Bathurst Base Hospital branch members came together to celebrate their outstanding win which saved an estimated 34 FTE positions.
- NSWNA Associate member and Associate Professor Dr Ann Bonner from the school of nursing and midwifery at Charles Sturt University, talked with Lisa Heylin about returning to nursing at an open day at Wagga Base Hospital last month.
- NUMs at Dubbo Base Hospital recently succeeded in resisting a restructuring of NUMs that would have increased workloads.
- Jeanette Holloway, RN, collects her Excellence Award from the Australian Women’s Health Nurse Association for her instrumental contribution to two innovative health projects designed to reach marginalised women.
- NSWNA members gathered with other unions at the start of this year’s Sydney Mardi Gras.
- Nurses continue to be popular at Mardi Gras – those who marched ‘had an absolute ball’ while drawing big cheers from the crowds.
- New members Sarah Kiley and Grace Matthews started their Transitional Registered Nurse program at Broken Hill Hospital.
If you have an important or interesting event or occasion happening in your branch or area, just email us your photos, information and contact details to Branch News: email@example.com