Still time to act for for-profit aged care
NSWNA delegates from the aged care sector commit to the Time To Act For Better Pay campaign.
The log of claims has now been lodged with the for-profit aged care employers’ representative ACCA. NSWNA members at 50 facilities have endorsed the claim.
The key components of the claim are:
- Better pay.
- Updated classification structure to reward skills and qualifications e.g. Certificate IV and faster progression for RNs.
- Paid training to assist with managing challenging behaviour.
- Strengthening the process for resolving workload problems.
- Clearer information on pay slips e.g. about accrued leave entitlements.
- New leave arrangements: e.g. access to paid leave for grandparents and new parents, option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Recognition of workplace representatives.
Negotiations began in the last week of March and are scheduled weekly. Check the NSWNA website for updates.