CPD Hours: 6
Cost: Members $95, Non-members $190, lunch and refreshments provided
This course focuses on medications in practice and what we can do as individuals to increase the safety of the people in our care. To explore the various causes of medication errors and provide you with the understanding and ability to help prevent medication errors from occurring in your workplace.
This workshop covers:
- Professional Obligations and Scope of Practice – what are your responsibilities and accountability with regards to delegation, supervision and medications;
- Clinical decision making;
- The processes of the medication cycle and the stages that errors can occur;
- Revisit the principles of medication administration and unpack the areas that commonly have presented errors;
- Provide the importance of following policy and processes to maintain safety within the health care environment;
- High risk medications, what precautions should we be taking;
- S8 & S4D medications and your legal responsibilities around them.
Please read the NSWNMA Education Cancellation, Refund and Catering Policy prior to registering for this course.
Lunch and refreshments are provided.
A CPD Certificate will be provided to attendees at the end of the seminar.