I am a registered nurse working in a public hospital. My pay was recently reduced by a deduction for an overpayment they say I received from previous pay periods. Is this right?

Unfortunately, this issue continues to arise. Under Clause 27(v)(b)(i) of the Public Health System Nurses’ and Midwives’ (State) Award, you must be notified of both the circumstances of the overpayment and the amount involved before any action is taken. You should also be advised in advance as to how they intend to approach its recovery. You have a right to be both satisfied of the alleged overpayment and have a say in its recovery if it will cause you financial hardship.