Transferring back to public health

I was an RN working at Mona Vale Hospital but transferred over to the Northern Beaches Hospital. If I want to go back to the public health system and keep my sick leave, when would I need to make the switch?

While the Association (and its branches) agitated for a much better deal for this situation, the Ministry of Health (and NSW Government) would only agree to a transferring employee keeping their sick leave balance on return to the NSW Health Service if it occurred within the first 12 months after the transfer, but you also would be required to pay back the transfer payment received in full. This recognition (and return of the transfer payment) is not mandatory and is a choice to be exercised by a returning employee. After 12 months, however, no such choice or recognition of sick leave is available.