The Nursing and Midwifery Council of New South Wales is a statutory body established under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) to manage notifications and complaints about nurses and midwives practising and students studying in NSW. Council Members are appointed by the Governor of NSW for a term of up to three years on the nomination of the Minister for Health.
The terms of appointment of a number of current members will expire on 30 June 2015 and the process for selection and nomination of Council members has commenced. Expressions of interest are being sought from suitably qualified and experienced practitioners for appointment to the Nursing and Midwifery Council from 1 July 2015. The following positions are available for nomination:
• 2 x registered nurses
• 1 x registered midwife
• 1 x enrolled nurse
• 2 x nurses or midwives engaged in the education of nurses or midwives in NSW, at least one of whom is a registered nurse
• 1 x registered nurse who practices in the area of mental health
Nominees will be selected on merit and to provide an appropriate range of knowledge, skills and diversity within the Council membership.
An information package comprising the selection criteria, required member attributes and a nomination form is available on the Expressions of Interest link on the Council website, www.nursingandmidwiferycouncil.nsw.gov.au.
Nominations should include the following information and be submitted by close of business on Friday 29 August 2014 by email to email@example.com:
• A brief expression of interest addressing the selection criteria and key attributes
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) outlining experience and qualifications (maximum five pages)
• A nomination form and signed declaration
• The names and contact details of two referees.
Further information is available from the Appointments Coordinator on 9219 0266 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
he Nursing and Midwifery Council provides an important public safety role and promotes good practice in the profession, and your interest in the activities of the Council is greatly appreciated.
You'll automatically become a member of the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation