Do you want to build skills to lead action on climate change? Free workshop for health professionals – Sydney – 26 September 2016.
The Climate and Health Alliance, the New South Wales Nurses and Midwives Association and World Wide Fund For Nature have come together to develop a program to develop skills and confidence among health professionals to campaign for climate action.
This workshop provides an exciting opportunity for health professionals to learn strategic campaigning skills to support their advocacy for action on climate change.
The workshop will:
- Provide a safe and supportive environment in which to learn new skills
It will enable you to:
- Learn about relational meetings and how you can bring your core personal values to campaigning to inspire others
- Understand the concept of ‘theories of change’ and links between behaviour changes and campaigning
- Learn practical skills in developing effective and positive relationships to build power in campaigns
- Learn about ‘community organising’ and building teams to develop campaign capacity and effectiveness
- Develop and understanding of campaign strategy and practical skills in power mapping.
When: Monday 26 September 2016, 9am-5pm
Where: Gadigal Auditorium, New South Wales Nurses and Midwives Association, 50 O’Dea Avenue, Waterloo, NSW 2017 (download travel information)
Who: This workshop is targeted at health professionals who want to develop skills and support campaigns for climate action. Preference will be given to representatives of health sector organisations/groups/institutions, however individuals are welcome to apply. All attendees must be either health professionals or working in the health sector.
Cost: Free but you must register
Register online via Eventbrite here.
Download the flyer: Climate workshop flyer