CPD Hours: 6
Cost: Members $95, Non-members $190, lunch and refreshments provided
Understanding what is happening in the wound bed is key to success in wound management.
This workshop covers the basic principles of wound pathology and assessment. Understanding what is happening in the wound bed enables the clinician to use appropriate treatment and management techniques for each phase of the wound healing process according to the goal of care. This understanding can be used to assess many wound types including skin tears and pressure injuries.
- Recognise the differences between acute, chronic and palliative wounds;
- Identify factors that may affect wound healing;
- Identify strategies to prevent skin tears;
- Implement treatment for the management of skin tears;
- Identify strategies to prevent pressure injuries;
- Implement treatment for the management of pressure injuries;
- Recognising the difference between Pressure Injuries and Incontinence Associated Dermatitis.
Please read the NSWNMA Education Cancellation, Refund and Catering Policy prior to registering for this course.
Lunch and refreshments are provided.
A CPD Certificate will be provided to attendees at the end of the seminar.