New Graduate program
Must apply internally
- 24-month program
- 2 x 6-month rotations
- Offers a general stream in surgical, medical, day therapy wards and a perioperative stream in theatres.
- The first year consists of 2 x 6-month rotations in the general areas. In theatres, there are a few extra shorter rotations (Endoscopy, CSSD) but the main areas will be Scrub/scout or Anaesthetics/Recovery.
- Includes supernumerary time at commencement
- monthly New Graduate meetings
- 4 paid study days over the year.
- Opportunity to complete a Clinical Accreditation Program (CAPs program) with UTS in the perioperative area and are looking to expand this to ICU. This means that by the time Perioperative New Graduate placement with Chris O’Brien Lifehouse concludes 1 of 4 subjects required for postgraduate study at UTS will be completed.
Clinical Support Services Manager (ADON)
Ph: 02 8514 0211