- 2 x 6-month rotations or 3 x 4-month rotations between Lismore, Ballina, Casino, Kyogle, Nimbin & Urbenville hospitals.
- Lismore Adult Mental Health Unit, Lismore Child & Adolescent Mental Health Unit.
- Rotation areas: surgical (including orthopaedic); medical; a combination of both surgical and medical in the district hospitals; operating theatres, emergency department, mental health (adult and older person’s inpatient only), rural and remote.
- Opportunities will be given to graduates to elect their preferred ward/s and every effort will be made to accommodate requests.
- Access to ongoing support and professional development
- Supernumerary shifts and 2-day orientation in each rotation
- Theoretical workshops and reflective practice opportunities are organized and designed to assist you with your transition from university to the workplace.
- Access to Learning Activity Packages which you will be asked to complete over the duration of several months. The packages include; medication management, Drug Calculations, IV Therapy, CVAD, venepuncture and cannulation.
- Lismore Base Hospital offers specialty development programs in the following areas: Intensive Care (ICU), Emergency Department, Operating Theatre, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, Mental
- Mental health specialty program: part-time position. The structure of the program combines experiential learning in the workplace while the graduate nurse is employed on a 0.75 FTE part time 12-month contract.
- Opportunity to rotate through a number of inpatient and community settings.
- The academic component of the program consists of 24 units of structured learning and group activities on key mental health topics provided by the health service and developed in consultation with the Southern Cross University and delivered over the 12-month period. A certificate of completion will be issued to participants on satisfactory completion.
- Run in conjunction with Southern Cross University.
Ph: (02) 66202254
For mental health program
Ph: (02) 6629 4004