- provide a supportive environment for a newly Registered Nurse to gain a wide variety of experience and knowledge across all specialties of care in a rural setting to assist the novice practitioner translate theory into practice.
- opportunities to rotate through acute units within the facility, as well as a rotation at Muswellbrook District Hospital, rotations include emergency department, theatre and general ward nursing.
- A rotating roster across day and afternoon shifts.
- opportunities may exist for second year speciality training and permanent employment
- All new employees will attend a minimum of three days in a supernumerary capacity
- complete a five-day workshop spread throughout the year, providing you with skills to increase your confidence and competence in the role of the Registered Nurse.
- New graduates are supported through education competencies including basic life support, venepuncture and cannulation.
- Your manager will have a 30- and 90-day Conversation with you. This is an opportunity for new staff to feel welcomed and connected with their leader. It creates a safe space where the new employee and their manager can give and receive feedback. Personal and professional development is encouraged and is supported by assessment, annual performance development reviews (PDR) and your AHPRA required professional development portfolio (own CPD record)
Nurse Manager, Career Development Recruitment and Retention
Scone Health Services Manager
Email: : Ju*************@he****.au