Preference the hospital – St Vincent’s or St Joseph’s Hospital
- February, March, April, and August intakes
- 12-month program
- Part-time positions (32-hour p/w)
- Includes St Vincent’s hospital and St Joseph’s Hospital
- 2 x 6-month rotations.
- St Joseph’s Hospital offers rehabilitation unit, aged care psychiatry and neurosciences Unit and palliative care & Rehabilitation Unit.
- St Vincent’s offers perioperative stream – scrub/scout, anaesthetics, recovery, day procedure centre, 12-month one rotation in dedicated Scrub/Scout stream while rotating through various surgical specialties.
- Mental health – Acute Mental Health Unit, Psychiatric Emergency Care Centre, Mental Health Community placement and Dedicated stream with 6 months in an inpatient unit and 6 months in mental health community.
- Critical Care – ED, ICU general and ICU Cardiothoracic.
- St Vincent’s also offers inpatient detoxification unit, haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, neurosciences, vascular medicine/surgery and Stroke unit, orthopaedic, ortho-geriatric, plastic, urology and gynaecology unit, mixed medical unit, oncology, dental and trauma unit, acute geriatrics, psychogeriatrics and medical assessment unit, haematology and bone marrow transplant, cardiology, cardiothoracic and transplant surgery, interventional cardiology.
- Offers a comprehensive orientation program before starting in your allocated clinical area.
- 5-day orientation
- supernumerary time
- 2 paid study days which look at clinical skills, simulation, hands-on training, and career development.
- Monthly reflective practice sessions
- Access to courses and skills development workshops facilitated by the Nursing Education & Development Centre is available to all candidates, able to be taken as paid study days.
- The Program also offers support and assistance with career planning and career pathways.
- There are also post Program education and career development opportunities offered within the Hospital.
RNTP Nurse Educator
Ph: (02) 8382 2363
Nurse Educator: RN Transition Program
Ph: 02 8382 2363 | M 0416 143 746
Information received from: