Retired Member Activist Group
The NSWNMA Retired Member Activist Group (RMAG) was formed in early 2016 to assist in campaigning on these issues:
- Aged care – especially elder abuse and RN 24/7
- Public health – especially privatisation of health services, disability services cuts and Medicare
RMAG members can:
- Visit, ring or write to their local MPs
- Call talkback radio
- Write to their local newspaper
- Attend rallies
- Assist local NSWNMA branches with campaigns
For Professional (retired) members who elect to join the RMAG, the NSWNMA membership fee is waived.
Benefits of your membership
NSWNMA offer the following benefits to thank and acknowledge those involved in RMAG.
Every three months you’ll receive a copy of our magazine The Lamp, and you have access to Lamp Online which will keep you up to date with news of the profession and NSWNMA activities.
As a member of the NSWNMA, you are eligible to access thousands of Member Advantage program benefits, from everyday savings on fuel and groceries, to wholesale pricing at The Good Guys, to discounts on dining out, gym memberships, movie tickets and much more.
The NSWNMA occasionally offers discounted tickets to events or shows and we will notify RMAG of these
Member rates for NSWNMA educational events
Keep connected with the profession. As a member you can attend our range of industrial, legal and professional education programs, seminars and conferences at subsidised or reduced rates.
Retired members have told us they still have an intense interest in the nursing and midwifery profession. They would like to be involved in campaigns and other activities affecting the profession, but don’t want to be tied down to formal meeting procedures.
By belonging to the RMAG, NSWNMA can:
- Let you know what’s going on – and quickly!
- Alert you to issues affecting the profession
- Give you details of local events and rallies
- Let you know of special events, promotions and special offers
- Put you in contact with other retired members in your area
- Let your local branch of the NSWNMA know that you would be willing to assist them.
- Previous members of the NSWNMA – who are willing to become Professional Members (non-paying). This is a formality required under the NSWNMA’s Rules. To become a Professional Member (non-paying), please sign the enclosed form.
- Existing Professional Members who would like to be part of the Retired Member Activist Group
- Life members of the NSWNMA
Join Retired Members Activist Group (RMAG)
* PRIVACY STATEMENT
The New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association operates in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. For further details please go to www.nswnma.asn.au/privacy or contact the Association. Information provided by members on this form will be handled and used in accordance with those Principles. Members have the right to request access to or correct any personal information concerning themselves held by the Association.