The IWD march this year is dedicated to Save our Women-Only Services (SOS).
Mike Baird and the NSW Liberal Nationals:
• Closed over 200 locally-based community organisations, including specialist women’s refuges;
• Are planning to make significant cuts to women’s health services after the next election;
• Backflipped on support for allocating specialised Domestic Violence Sergeants;
• Cut funding to local courts, making it harder to seek an apprehended violence order;
• Cut the amount of Victims Compensation available to women who have experienced domestic or sexual violence.
Tony Abbott and the federal Liberal Nationals:
• Ripped $240 million out of early intervention, mental health, financial counselling, settlement, housing and homeless and advocacy services;
• Killed the Low Income Super Contribution payment which would have significantly boosted the retirement savings of low income and part time working women;
• Took away pay rises for childcare workers and aged care workers, the majority of whom are women.
You'll automatically become a member of the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation