Lions Nurses’ Scholarship
Lions Nurses Scholarships open for application on 1 August and close on 31 October each year*. These are available to any eligible registered nurse or enrolled nurse.
The mission of the Lions NSW/ACT Nurses Scholarship Foundation is to provide the opportunity for nurses to continue their professional development.
FAQ and how to apply
* Please note, applications are for the following academic year, eg. an application made in 2022 will be for the academic year 2023, an application made in 2023 will be for the academic year 2024 etc.
All nurses who meet these criteria are eligible to apply:
- Are currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and working within the nursing profession in NSW or the ACT.
- Have a minimum of three years experience within the nursing profession since initial registration and prior to making application, the last 12 months of which must have been spent in employment in NSW or the ACT.
- The scholarship is open to Australian citizens and permanent residents only.
Lions Nurses’ Scholarships are available under the following categories:
- Category A: Scholarships for a short course or conference, either in Australia or overseas, not necessarily leading to an award or an additional formal qualification.
- Category B: Scholarships for extended study leading to the award of a formal qualification at a recognised tertiary institution in Australia or overseas.
- You must read the Lions Nurses’ Scholarship Foundation Information and Terms, prior to applying. These terms give the background and details of the Lions scholarships, including eligibility, how to apply, what supporting documentation you need to attach with the completed application form and the scholarship terms.
- Download and save the official Lions Scholarship Application Form to your computer. Open the application form through Adobe/Adobe Reader to fill in the application form on your computer.
Post scholarship successful applicant Reflection Template. Download and save to your computer to complete.